At home workouts vs working out at the gym; this could turn into a real internal struggle. I have done both and there are ups and downs to both. Now that I have been exclusively working out at home though, I have found 5 benefits to working out at home that trump going to the gym any day! I am not writing this because I am knocking on gyms, I have a few friends that are very successful gym owners. I am simply sharing some benefits as to why working out at home is simply well, just better.
5. You don’t have to worry about what you look like when it comes time to workout. A lot of people spend time thinking about things like what they are going to wear to the gym and if their gym clothes are clean or if their socks match. Well when working out at home you don’t have to worry about any of that! Throw on an old t-shirt and sweats or workout in just a sports bra and underwear…it doesn’t matter, you’re at home!!
4. At home workouts take the guesswork out of the equation. Unless you are a fitness expert or you are working with a personal trainer one-on-one, chances are you may not know exactly what you are doing. Often times people end up wasting a lot of time at the gym figuring out what to do. With an at home workout, all of the instructions are right there and they come with a clear definition of why you are doing that particular exercise. The trainer speaks “directly” to you so you know how and what you should be feeling during each movement. With an at home workout, you know that the time and effort you are putting in to your exercise will pay off with the expected results.
3. It saves you money. The most obvious way that you save money is on a membership. By working out at home you are not spending a monthly membership fee. Of course there is some investment when it comes to working out at home, but in most cases that is a one time deal. You also save money on gas that you would be using driving to and from the gym. You save money on buying a fancy gym bag to carry all of your belongings.
2. You can push yourself to your limits and focus more on the workout when you are at home. You do not have the distractions that you may find at the gym. You can focus more on the form and the exercise to make sure that you are getting the maximum results. There are so many distractions at the gym and often times your rest time relies on others. For instance if you are sharing a piece of equipment your downtime depends upon how fast or slow the other person does their reps. Plus when you are really focused and in the movement of the exercise you don’t have to worry about others gawking at you or rushing you through the workout.
1. It saves you TIME. Time is so valuable, especially these days in our fast paced world. Working out from home can save you a boat load of time. You don’t have to worry about the commute to the gym and the traffic you may encounter. You don’t have to worry about waiting on a piece of equipment like you do during peak hours at the gym. You don’t have to worry about taking the time to share that said equipment during reps with others. You don’t have to worry about the debate of taking a shower there or at home and then once you do decide, you don’t have to worry about waiting for a shower to open up.