Yum! This soup is so easy to make and so delicious! I don’t know about you, but I love being able to toss everything in the crockpot go about our day and then have dinner… hot and ready!
This soup is healthy and packed with all the goods you need to fuel up and keep going.
Without further adieu let’s get to the making of this deliciousness…
- 1 and 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup quinoa (I used a black bean quinoa package)
- 2 large sweet potatoes (1 pound or ~3-1/2 cups)
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) black beans
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 packet (1.25 ounces) chili seasoning mix
- 5 cups chicken broth*
- Optional: fresh parsley
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick spray. Remove the fat from the chicken breasts and put them into the slow cooker along with the rinsed quinoa.
- Remove the skins and chop the sweet potatoes into cubes adding them into the slow cooker.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and add those in. Add in the undrained petite diced tomatoes, minced garlic, chili seasoning mix, and chicken broth.
- Place on high for 3-5 hours (It took about 4 hours on high for my crockpot.)
- Using two forks, shred the chicken and stir all the ingredients together.
- Add salt and pepper and if desired fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately. You can also save the rest in a air tight container to enjoy later.